Saturday, August 21, 2004
10:48 PM
Seems that my boss is going back on his words about the increment in pay. Damn. Miser. Seriously contemplating quiting. But think I'll drag on for some time first and see whether they will increase my pay since its the study break now and not so stressful as during term time.
Anyway, watched the table-tennis semi-finals between North Korean Kim Hyang Mi and Singaporean Li Jiawei this evening. Yet another disappointment. This time, even greater than the previous one coz Li was actually leading 3-1 before giving away three games consecutively to lose it 3-4. I almost couldn't believe it when Kim overtook Li in the final game to lead and then to win the match. But then again, this just goes to show that so long as one has the determination and believes that he/she can make it, there is always this possibility of achieving what seems the impossible.
I admire the North Korean's spirit. Not giving up even until the last minute even though her chances of winning are less compared to her opponent's. In the end, she really did make it. As for Li, I think she gave the game away coz she was overly tensed up. Think there's too much pressure on her to perform. Could tell that she was very nervous even though she tried to keep her usual calm and composed look. Anyway, she still has a final chance to clinch a medal. Hope she cherishes this opportunity but most importantly, think that she must learn to keep calm coz when she starts getting nervous, she'll tend to hit the ball with too much strength, causing the ball to go out. Otherwise, she'll hit the ball at too low an angle, which disallows the ball to go over the net.
Whatever it is, wish her all the best in the match for third and fourth placings. Hopefully she can break the medal drought that Singapore is going through. But on the other hand, I think that its a better idea not to hold too high hopes coz I've learnt through past experiences that the larger the expectations are, the greater the disappointments will be. So, think I'll just give her moral support and hope for the best.
- i make my life perfect -