Tuesday, November 02, 2004
11:27 PM
Went to ktv again today. Kekekekkee..... seems like I'll almost never get tired of it. Anyway, only Wilson and I went this time and we spent a great deal of time singing songs that we normally won't think of singing when there's a crowd going coz there was simply too much time on our hands. 4 hours! Its indeed quite a lot for only 2 people but I still enjoyed myself though my vocals were a little sore after that.
Must say that singing is really a very enjoyable pasttime and a fantastic method to let off steam. Whether I'm elated, depressed, or maybe even angry over something, I can translate all these emotions into the songs that I sing and after that, I'll feel much better.
I can still remember that there was a point in time during sec sch days when I was so unconfident of my own singing. During that period, I totally felt like giving it up. In fact, I did stop singing for quite some time. Now, that I come to think of it, I feel that I'm really quite dumb, to give up my love just because I thought that I wasn't good enough in it, just coz I thought that someone else was much better than me and therefore I should just shut up and stop singing. Think it might be coz I'm too competitive over things that I care a lot about. If I regard something as being very valueable to me, I would want to make sure that I do very well in it and not lose out to others in it. When it comes to other stuff however, I seldom give a damn.
Anyway, am just glad that I've changed this mentality now. When I do sing now, I enjoy the process and don't think about who's singing is better than mine and who's not. To hell with all that so long as I can do my own stuff and enjoy myself. Who cares about who's better and who's not? Life's short so what for bother about all these stuff and make yourself unhappy? Enjoy while you can, don't live to regret it when you can't.
- i make my life perfect -