Sunday, January 16, 2005
1:11 AM
The past week has been amazingly calm despite the fact that we are pushing much nearer to the start of production. Think it bodes ill, coz normally it should get busier as the beginning of filming pushes nearer. Things were practically at a standstill in the artistic side of the production for the past week, and lots are stuff that are supposed to have been done or decided on are still unattended to. There would probably be a mad rush to get things settled next week, and I've already heard that I might need to go for work next weekend. Arghz!! There goes my weekend.... Sianz....
But well, must say that though the past week was pretty unhappening in "artisitic" terms, I've learnt about quite a lot of things, both personal and work related stuff from the people in the office, esp from the production manager and the coordinator. Must say that of the people in the entire office, these two are the loveliest of them all. Sharing their experiences and giving advice as we go along, I've really learnt quite a fair deal from these two veterans. Though I'm really thankful to them for their guidance as well as their forbearance with me when I make some silly mistakes, I must say that I don't at all envy them. In fact, I quite sympathize them coz almost every other day, they have to work until the wee hours of the night. This is esp the case for Kath, the PM. Until this very moment, she has never gone home earlier than me before, and sometimes I don't leave the office until its past 9. On top of that, she reaches the office earlier than me for at least half the time.
Watching them work like that really makes me think twice about joining this line after I graduate. True that I do have a passion for this line, but I'm not that sure I'll be able to handle the amount of stress and the ultra long hours. Guess this would be a really good chance for me to try things out for myself and see whether I'm suited for this field.
- i make my life perfect -