Thursday, March 24, 2005
11:43 PM
"Swing Girls", a movie definitely worth catching, especially for bandspeople or those with a musical background coz its really close to heart. Seeing the girls overcome the obstacles before them and finally achieving their dream of playing at the music festival, I very nearly wanted to give them a standing ovation of their performance but stopped short when I suddenly realized that I was in a cinema. LOL. Can you imagine what would have happened if I had done that? I bet the whole cinema would turn around and look at me as if I were some freako.
Anyway, even for people without musical background, I'm sure you guys would also enjoy the movie coz the music is mainly big band jazz, which is pretty nice and enjoyable towards the end that is. Also, its meant to be a motivational story and it won't do you harm to watch one more tale that tries to motivate your soul coz I think that quite a lot of people are in need of motivation every now and then and I feel that it helps when you watch shows like this. You may say that its the same old "motivational hype thing" movie, but at least you walk away from the cinema feeling good, and that so long as you dare to dream, there is a chance that your dreams will come true. At any rate, this is better than not daring to dream at all.
Go watch it and decide for yourselves whether its worth it. Though there's nothing exactly great about the cinematography, I really like the music. Jazz rocks!
- i make my life perfect -